Introducing OMRON HD-1500 Mobile RobotIntroducing OMRON’s strongest mobile robot: the HD-1500. The HD-1500 is an advanced autonomous mobile robot specifically designed to transport heavy payloads up to 1500 kilograms. The HD-1500 also represents innovations in mobile robotics. Its new architecture features lasers that provide 360-degree safety coverage, as well as an onboard programmable logic controller, or PLC, to easily interface with custom attachments. Heavier payloads, built-in controller, improved sensors, route planning and object avoidance, the OMRON HD-1500 autonomous mobile robot offers the most advanced performance and safety. Learn more:
Industry-leading HD-1500 expands the possibilities for autonomous material transport
Maximum payload is 1500 kg
Automate new jobs
The higher payload capacity allows customers to automate new tasks that were not previously possible, such as the transport of pallet-size loads, engine blocks, and other heavy goods and equipment. The HD-1500 can also automate tasks that are traditionally completed with forklifts, reducing the risk of injury.
The most customizable solution for your factory
Five questions to ask when selecting autonomous material transport technology for industrial applications.
Rapid battery charging
- Charge from 5% to 80% in 35 minutes.
- 9 hours of run-time with a full payload.
- 12,5 hours of run-time unloaded.
2 x LIDAR Laser, 2 x Lower Laser, 2 x Side Laser
On-board user accessible Omron Machine Controller
- Dedicated IO through Omron’s Sysmac platform
- Control attachment and user peripherals with NX series machine controller
- Integrated Safety
- Transport Request (Job) Allocation: distributes jobs across multiple mobile robots by selecting the best-suited vehicle to perform them
- Traffic control: optimizes traffic flow of vehicles
- Communications: single point of contact for integration with factory systems (MES, WMS, ERP, etc.)
- Configuration Management: manages system parameters across the fleet of vehicles
- Manage Fleets up to 100 robots
- Simulate up to 10 robots
- Secure control and data interfaces for faster installation and increased intelligence. RESTful, SQL, RabbitMQ.
- Hybrid Fleet Management
Our mobile robots use an on-board laser to scan the environment and generate a map which will be used for navigation.
The navigation map is also editable via MobilePlanner:
- Add pick-up and drop-off locations
- Add restriction zones
VOLA, a Danish manufacturer of luxury sanitary and kitchen fittings, has opened a new factory that incorporates a fleet of nine LD mobile robots from Omron. The new robot fleet works side-by-side with people, and is controlled by an advanced fleet management system. These have replaced roller conveyors, leading to a more flexible production and logistics set-up that matches the company’s single-piece production process, in which everything is produced to order.02:36
MobilePlanner is our PC-based software to manage the robot or the fleet.
- Builds and distributes maps for mobile robot applications
- Provides configuration tools for the robot to adjust robot parameters, program sensors, cameras, etc.
- Assigns jobs and schedules routes
Introduction of the Omron Mobile Planner - an easy to use, portable, monitoring and control user interface tool for LD Mobile Robots.03:21
Alignment Positioning Systems
Cell Alignment Positioning System (CAPS)
- CAPS aligns our mobile robots with machinery at ±8mm position accuracy and ±1° rotation accuracy.
- It can approach from any angle so that customers do not need to worry about floor layout, nor the shape of the load, and docking can be achieved from any direction.
- Enables a smoother and quicker loading & unloading of material, contributing to a shorter cycle time.
- CAPS allows an offset per robot, meaning the user can dial out the slight hardware differences of the top attachment in the fleet just by changing the parameters.
- HAPS aligns our mobile robots with machinery at ±10mm position accuracy and ±0,5° rotation accuracy.
- It ensures that the robot will follow a fixed path, even backwards and with angles.
- Moving object motion tracked by robot
- Collaborative and intuitive robot motion with “pass-behind” decision making
- Robots now understands obstacle movement
- Better decision-making and path planning
OMRON Fleet Simulator offers the industry’s first mobile robot simulator for factory and manufacturing applications.
Specifications & ordering info
|Produkt||Mobile robot type||Maximum load||Maximum speed||Kit type||Accessories included||Battery included||Description|
|OEM robot||1500 kg||1.8 m/s||Mobile robot||None||No||Mobile Robot, HD-1500, without Battery|
|OEM robot||1500 kg||1.8 m/s||Mobile robot + docking kit||Docking station||No||Mobile Robot Docking Station Kit, HD-1500, Charger, No Battery|
|OEM robot||1500 kg||1.8 m/s||Mobile robot||Side laser||No||Mobile Robot, HD-1500, Side Lasers, without Battery|
|OEM robot||1500 kg||1.8 m/s||Mobile robot||HAPS (single)||No||Mobile Robot, HD-1500, Single HAPS, without Battery|
|OEM robot||1500 kg||1.8 m/s||Mobile robot||HAPS (single), Side laser||No||Mobile Robot, HD-1500, Single HAPS, Side Lasers, without Battery|
|OEM robot||1500 kg||1.8 m/s||Mobile robot||HAPS (dual)||No||Mobile Robot, HD-1500, Double HAPS, without Battery|
|OEM robot||1500 kg||1.8 m/s||Mobile robot||HAPS (dual), Side laser||No||Mobile Robot, HD-1500, Double HAPS, Side Lasers, without Battery|
|OEM robot||1500 kg||1.8 m/s||Mobile robot + starter kit||Docking station, Pendant, Top plate||No||Mobile Robot Starter Kit, HD-1500, Charger, Pendant, Top Plate, without Battery|
|OEM robot||1500 kg||1.8 m/s||Mobile robot + starter kit||Docking station, HAPS (single), Pendant, Top plate||No||Mobile Robot Starter Kit, HD-1500, Single HAPS, Charger, Pendant, Top Plate, without Battery|
|OEM robot||1500 kg||1.8 m/s||Mobile robot + starter kit||Docking station, HAPS (single), Pendant, Side laser, Top plate||No||Mobile Robot Starter Kit, HD-1500, Single HAPS, Side Lasers, Charger, Pendant, Top Plate, without Battery|
|OEM robot||1500 kg||1.8 m/s||Mobile robot + starter kit||Docking station, HAPS (dual), Pendant, Top plate||No||Mobile Robot Starter Kit, HD-1500, Double HAPS, Charger, Pendant, Top Plate, without Battery|
|OEM robot||1500 kg||1.8 m/s||Mobile robot + starter kit||Docking station, HAPS (dual), Pendant, Side laser, Top plate||No||Mobile Robot Starter Kit, HD-1500, Double HAPS, Side Lasers, Charger, Pendant, Top Plate, without Battery|
We've got a nearly-infinite combination to fit any production scenes.
OMRON's HD-1500 autonomous mobile robot for pallet-size loadsThis is the HD-1500, OMRON's newest and strongest autonomous mobile robot. The HD-1500 can carry payloads of up to 1,500 kg, and can load and transport the heaviest of objects. The HD-1500 is ideal for applications that require moving pallet-size loads. Mobile robots in the production and warehouse environments help to reduce the workload of employees, take over routine tasks and comply with hygiene regulations, for example now during a pandemic. It’s designed to meet the industry’s latest requirements, and can interact with people to create a collaborative, safe working environment. In warehousing and manufacturing, the HD-1500 can make processes more efficient working safely side-by-side with humans, and reducing the risk of employee injury in dangerous situations. Take a look at it in action at our Proof of Concept area at our Automation Technology Centre for Autonomous Mobile Robots in Annecy, France. Read more:
OMRON HD-1500 Tutorial 1: Unboxing PreparationHave a look at this video to see what steps are needed to get started with the HD-1500 autonomous mobile robot to support your material transport needs. With a payload capacity of 1500kg, the HD-1500 is OMRON's strongest mobile robot. We have prepared a series of videos to help you get started. In this video, you can see what tools are needed for unboxing, and what steps you should take to prepare the unboxing.
OMRON HD-1500 Tutorial 2: Unboxing Charging Station CrateTake a look at the steps needed to unbox the charging station crate.
OMRON HD-1500 Tutorial 3: Unboxing Battery CrateTake a look at this video for the steps needed to unbox the battery crate.
OMRON HD-1500 Tutorial 4: Unboxing the HD-1500 autonomous mobile robot for heavy loadsIn this video, we will show you two methods for unboxing the HD-1500, the lift method and ramp method. We will also show you how to get the HD-1500 on the network once it's unboxed.
OMRON HD-1500 Tutorial 5: Unboxing the Charging Target CrateSee this video for the steps needed to unbox the charging target crate for the HD-1500 autonomous mobile robot.
OMRON HD-1500 Tutorial 6: Connecting to MobilePlannerOMRON's mobile robot user interface is MobilePlanner. This enables you to configure the robot, create and edit maps, and make the robot do tasks and much more. In this video, you can see how you can connect the HD-1500 autonomous mobile robot for heavy loads to MobilePlanner.
OMRON HD-1500 Tutorial 7: Adding the HD-1500 to Mobile Robot FleetAfter you have completed the initial setup of the HD-1500 autonomous mobile robot for heavy loads, this video will show you how you can add your robot into a new or existing fleet of mobile robots.
OMRON HD-1500 Tutorial 8: Autonomous Mobile Robot SafetyThis video highlights some of the safety features of the HD-1500 autonomous mobile robot for heavy loads, and demonstrates how to safely commission the mobile robot.
OMRON HD-1500 Tutorial 9: Autonomous Mobile Robot Battery ReplacementThis tutorial video demonstrates how you can remove and insert a new battery for the HD-1500 autonomous mobile robot for heavy loads.
- Powertrain and engine transport
- Tire transport
- Assembly and inspection
- Semiconductor wafer fabrication
- Semiconductor packaging and test
Food & Consumer products
- Stock transport
- Transport goods to assembly and sorting stations
How can we help you?
If you have a question or would like to ask for a quote, please contact us or send a request.
Fully Autonomous Mobile Robots
Fully Autonomous Mobile Robots
Factory optimization with best in class fleet management